May 5, 2013 § 1 Comment
August 30, 2012 § Leave a comment
Frida is starting another TBT on September 1, and I’m tempted to play along. After stopping derby and CrossFit, I’ve gotten flabbier than what I’m comfortable with, and I need a little extra kick in the pants to quit drinking for the potential making of bebes.
HOWEVA. I’ll be on vacation September 1-16, so no updates or diets until after that.
Maybe I’ll get started when I come back. I was planning on cracking down on diet and exercise anyway, and it’ll be nice to have some support.
I’m 80% on board.
March 30, 2012 § 10 Comments
- Lots of water
- Oatmeal with raisins and almonds
- Two slices sprouted bread with peanut butter and jelly
- Cuban bowl
- WW tortilla with hummus and fiberful bits
- Salad greens, quinoa, hard-cooked egg, walnuts, avocado, asparagus slaw
- Spelt pretzels, dried mango
- Bout setup
Tomorrow we have a bout against the Guns N Rollers, which calls for mostly rest today.
I’ll be eating well up through the bout, and then, to be honest, I’ll proabably go hog wild for a few days on the sugar. BECAUSE I CAN. Goodye, cuban bowl! I’m gonna eat me some rice noodles! Whooooo! Then back to being mostly healthy.
I’m proud of everyone who stuck it out the full 90 days, even though it’s been hard. It’s been really hard for some of us. Was the TBT bad luck or something? God knows. But we did it, and it was worth it for me.
In fact, I’m glad I was doing TBT when bad news came along. If I didn’t have a reason not to drown my sorrows in refined carbs, I probably would have.
So I’m thankful.
(EDIT: I took down these after photos because I kept finding them randomly on the internet while doing image searches. Creepy.)
I dunno! Doesn’t look that different, I guess!
March 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
I was supposed to babysit for my brother’s kids tonight (Ages 8, 5, and 3) but they cancelled at the last minute because my sister-in-law wasn’t feeling well. A whole night with no plans! I just did some laundry and cooked up some food. Watched an episode of The Biggest Loser. Did some reading. Just about right.
- Oatmeal with raisins, cherries and almonds
- 2 slices sprouted wheat toast with peanut butter and jelly
- Brown rice, beans, steamed veg, avocado, sunflower seeds
- Fiberful bits
- WW tortilla with hummus
- Green salad with quinoa, tofu, hard-cooked egg, walnut
- Not much. Push ups, dips, tricep extensions
Ugh, something about dinner didn’t work for me, and now I feel a little bit like garbage. Yuck. Hence the lack of any real exercise. Maybe my body is trying to tell me it’s okay to rest.
Tomorrow is the LAST DAY! I can barely believe I’ve made it 90 days – at least I’ve been pretty good about the food. The exercise – well, I’ll wrap it all up tomorrow with my thoughts on that.
March 28, 2012 § Leave a comment
Once again – the second week in a row – I forgot to bring my gear with me to scrimmage and had to go home to grab it. Clearly, I’m a genius. This time I got all the way to the hangar and ended up being 30 minutes late. Arrgghgh.
- Oatmeal with cherries, almonds, raisins
- 2 slices sprouted bread with peanut butter and jelly
- Leftover beans, rice, broccoli, brussels sprouts, avovado
- Crackers and fiberful bits
- More leftovers
- 1.5 hours of scrimmage.
Half an hour against the High Rollers, and an hour against the Wheels of Justice.
March 27, 2012 § Leave a comment
I’m starting to daydream about all the things I’m going to eat in a few days. Cookies? Licorice? Maybe just those. That’s plenty.
- Oatmeal with raisins, almonds, cherries
- 2 slices bible bread with peanut butter and jelly
- Cuban bowl
- Fiberful parts and crackers
- Green salad with pumpkin seeds and pecans
- Leftover gnocchi with veg, add brussels sprouts
- 2 hours roller derby practice
Bout week, ya’ll…which probably means no more extra intense workouts for the TBT. Strangely sad. But I’m sore from yesterday, so I’ll get over it.
March 26, 2012 § 1 Comment
We’re almost done with this thing! I have to start to think about how I’m going to re-enter a TBT-less world after this weekend. It’s not like I can eat candy bars and cookies every day.
- Oatmeal with cherries and almonds
- Apple and peanut butter
- Asian salad with lettuce, carrots, cabbage, tofu
- 2 slices sprouted wheat bread with peanut butter and jelly
- Crackers and mango
- WW gnocchi with broccoli, onions and tempeh
My back squat PR was 110 pounds. Not that much.